Arlo camera systems are a popular choice for homeowners looking to enhance the security of their homes. These camera systems are easy to install and offer a range of features, including motion detection, two-way audio, and cloud storage. However, there may be instances when your Arlo camera system is not recording. This can be frustrating, especially if you are relying on your camera system to monitor your home.
If your Arlo camera system is not recording, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. Here are some potential solutions:
Check Your Camera Settings
The first step in troubleshooting a non-recording Arlo camera is to check your camera settings. Make sure that your camera is set to record when it detects motion or sound. You can adjust these settings through the Arlo app on your smartphone. Additionally, make sure that your camera’s motion detection sensitivity is set appropriately. If it is set too low, it may not detect motion.
Check Your Wi-Fi Connection
Another common issue that can cause an Arlo camera to stop recording is a poor Wi-Fi connection. Make sure that your camera is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network with a strong signal. If your camera is too far from your Wi-Fi router, it may not be able to connect reliably. Try moving your camera closer to your router or installing a Wi-Fi extender to boost your signal.
Check Your Camera’s Batteries
Arlo cameras are battery-powered, and if the batteries are low or dead, your camera may stop recording. Check your camera’s battery level through the Arlo app and replace the batteries if necessary.
Check Your Camera’s Firmware
If none of the above solutions work, check to make sure that your camera’s firmware is up to date. Arlo periodically releases firmware updates that address bugs and improve performance. To update your camera’s firmware, go to the settings menu in the Arlo app and select “Device Info.” From there, select “Update Firmware” if an update is available.
Contact Arlo Support
If you have tried all of these solutions and your Arlo camera is still not recording, it may be time to contact Arlo support. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and may be able to offer a replacement camera if yours is faulty.
In conclusion, a non-recording Arlo camera can be frustrating, but there are several potential solutions you can try. Check your camera settings, Wi-Fi connection, battery level, and firmware, and contact Arlo support if necessary. By following these steps, you can ensure that your Arlo camera system is working effectively to enhance the security of your home.
- How long do Arlo camera batteries last?
- The battery life of an Arlo camera depends on several factors, including usage, temperature, and settings. However, on average, Arlo cameras can last anywhere from 3 to 6 months on a single charge.
- Do Arlo cameras have to be connected to Wi-Fi to work?
- Yes, Arlo cameras require a Wi-Fi connection to work. Without a stable Wi-Fi connection, your camera may not be able to record or connect to the Arlo app.
- Can I access my Arlo camera footage from a computer?
- Yes, you can access your Arlo camera footage from a computer by logging in to your Arlo account through a web browser.
- Can I use Arlo cameras for outdoor surveillance?
- Yes, Arlo cameras are designed for both indoor and outdoor use and are weather-resistant.
- How much does an Arlo camera subscription cost?
- The cost of an Arlo camera subscription varies depending on the plan and the number of cameras you have. Basic plans start at $3 per month, while premium plans can cost up